Monday, December 21, 2009

A video for Laney's 3rd birthday!


*hint: If you have a slower connection you might find it helpful to play a few seconds of the video, pause it, then let the red bar load all the way before restarting the video so it won't buffer every few seconds during the video.*

Laney, you are such a fun kid to raise. You came into this world very quickly and haven't slowed down since. An easy baby from the beginning, you were always smiling and just loved to be loved. This past year you have shown me what being a spirited kid is all about. One moment you will run, hug and jump and then the next minute you are telling me "no", crossing your arms and just giving me the look. Regardless of your mood, I love being your mama. I love how much you have learned this past year (your numbers, many letters, songs, riding a bike, jumping, kicking, climbing, all the good things 2 year olds do) and I can't wait to see what you bring to us this coming year.

You like:

--your pink blanket
--cell phones
--imitating your sister
--playing mommy/baby with Ella
--"making" us meals in your kitchen
--hopping and running (walking is overrated, right?)
--singing
--writing your version of your name
--coloring
--your friends (you talk about your friends from school often)

You don't like:

--loud things (like Matthew crying)
--being told to do anything...but if you are asked you will usually comply
--when Ella takes anything of yours'
--when Daddy is gone (you still remain Daddy's little girl)

A few pics from her birthday:



Laney and her fallen birthday cake.
Jason worked so hard on making Laney the perfect cake and yes,
it looked perfect the night before the party.
We woke up the next morning and found the cupcake
had fallen over but what was so cute is that when Laney
woke up and Jason asked,
"do you want to see your cake?"
Laney looked at it and said "I love it."
Such sweetness!



Thanks for sharing in our party fun!



We love you, Laney!

7 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

How sweet is that video?!?! I loved seeing all of her baby pictures b/c I didn't know you guys then. What a doll! Laney is certainly one of those kids who is just always smiling or always wanting to run and give you a hug. She makes friends with everyone so easily--even the adults! Happy Birthday, Laney!

IUgirl78 said...

By the way, I forgot to say that song was just perfect for the video!

starfitch said...

Super cute vid! I can't believe how little Ella looks when Laney was born, but I realize she was. That is one happy girl, I think there was only one picture where she wasn't smiling. Happy birthday, Laney!

Layla and Delia said...

Happy birthday, Laney!!! What a great video - thanks so much for sharing that with us! :)

Pigtail Mama said...

Oh, that is such complete sweetness I can't even stand it! I saw the video on Facebook- it was fun to see the girls when they were younger since I didn't know you then. Great video, and perfect song to go with it!

I love the cake picture and appreciate the work that must have gone into it. How sweet that Laney loved it, whether it had fallen or not! She is SUCH a cutie and a sweetheart! Happy birthday, Laney!!

Le, Elizabeth, Ryker and Lulu said...

That video is absolutely beautiful! I can't believe how much she has grown up. Happy birthday sweetheart!
Elizabeth

Emily said...

Laney is just such an adorable little girl. I can't wait to see what a beautiful woman she will grow up to be! Happy Birthday Laney! You never cease to keep me from laughing!