
This past Saturday my mom and I drove to Chicago for a baby shower for one of my best friends, Liz. Liz and I went to college together at Miami University and lived down the hall from each other or in the same house for all 4 years of college. All of the girls from MU who were friends from the very beginning were all able to make it, which is very rare these days! Although many of us live far from each other (St. Louis, Colorado, Atlanta, Michigan, Indianapolis, Chicago), we were all able to get together on this one day :) It's amazing to me that ~95% of this group lived in the same Freshmen Dorm and we have remained so close 12 years later!
Liz looked so adorable! She is 34 weeks along and her due date is right around Christmas. I am thinking December 21st is a great day for her son to join the world but only for selfish reasons--so her son and Laney can share a birthday. Liz is also only the second boy in a large group of girls so it was fun to have the first "blue" themed shower :)

The mother to be and one of the favorite gifts--
A bib saying "Our little tax deduction."

Liz with her sister, Brooke, and mom, Maria

The newest additions to the group:
Kat and her 7 week old daughter, Emily
Jess and her 7 month old daughter, Katie

Many of us were in the same sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta. Our "mascot" was the squirrel (why a squirrel? We still don't know) but our mascot nonetheless. Kat's daughter, Emily, got this shirt as a gift. Perfect!

The mama-to-be looks so good!

Kristi and Jess enjoying some baby bingo

Kristi, Liz, Me

Kelly and Katie

Jess and Katie

The Alpha Gamma Delta sisters.

Thanks mom for making the trip with me.
It was a long day but well worth it!
4 comments:
did you megabus it???
HOW COOL that all of the girls were able to make it for the shower!!! It's hard enough to get people together when they live in the same town, let alone spread out across the U.S.! I love that you girls have stayed so close through the years.
I also have to say that I love the tax deduction bib! Joel would love that, too. :)
That is so great that you have been friends for so long, and that you were all able to make it! I, too, LOVE the bib. :) So cute. Glad you had a fun time!
Looks like a lot of fun! Love the photo of Jess and Katie! Those babies are too adorable!
Post a Comment